Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Let us never forget.


It was 15 years ago today that our nation suffered one of its greatest tragedies. On June 20th 1997 Batman and Robin was released in theaters. I remember sitting in my local movie theater watching this nightmare unfold. I remember the feeling of helplessness knowing there was nothing I could do to stop it. This movie put a shit stain on Chris O'Donnell's career that he has still never recovered from, it did almost as much damage to the super hero genre as an art form as the work of Rob Liefeld, it was confirmed to be the major motivation for at least 12 suicides and 3 murders, and according to the late televangelist Jerry Falwell it was one of the reasons God allowed 9/11 to happen.

Time has done a lot to dull the pain of that faithful day, but there is still a lot of healing that needs done. That's why I purpose Warner Bros build a memorial to this tragedy. Maybe a statue of Robin in his gay fetish gear with the little rubber nipples and a reflecting pool beside it, so people could ponder how fucking sad this whole thing was and what we as a society can do to see to it this never happens again.

There's nothing any of us can say or do to un-make or un-see this terrible faggoty jizz stain of a movie, but I believe our society can move past this tragedy and hopefully come out better for it. 

1 comment:

  1. I saw all the previous 3 Batman films and I am glad I skipped that one. I've never actually seen the whole thing. I wish it were 1997 again, so I could NOT see it again.

    ReplyDelete