Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Top 5 comic crossovers I want to see.

I'm a sucker for comic book crossovers. I'll even buy stupid ass ones like Star Trek/X-men. We're not seeing as many inter-company crossovers these days as we used to. I don't think Marvel and DC have done any with each other since JLA/Avengers. But there have been a couple recent ones like Star Trek/ Legion of Super Heroes, and Red Sonja/Witchblade is out now. So maybe there will be a bit of a comeback for the crossover. Either way here are the top 5 comic book crossovers I want to see.


5) Luke Cage/Black Lightning. I have a soft spot for the old 70's era blacksploitation movies and of course the classic blacksploitation super heroes of the time. So I would love to see a Luke Cage/Black Lightning done in a humorous way as an homage to that era. And I mean seriously humorous, like a lost skit from Chappelle's Show.  Do it in Max or Vertigo line to really go nuts.


4) Ghost Rider/Hellraiser. This might sound like an odd choice but what can I say, I'm a big Marvel fan and a big Hellraiser fan. Yeah I freely admit a lot of the Hellraiser movies sucked. But the concept behind Hellraiser, the mythos behind it, and the book it was originally based on, The Hellbound Heart, were all brilliant. So imagine a story where Mephisto convinces Jonny Blaze the Hellraiser box can end his Ghost Rider curse. Solving the puzzle summons the Cenobites. From there it writes itself.


3) Aliens and/or Predator vs various Marvel characters. DC has done a lot of crossovers with Aliens and Predators and they have all been pretty decent reads. I'd love to see Predators go after various street level Marvel characters like Spider-man, Daredevil, or Punisher. Or how about a story where the Future Foundation (Spider-man, Thing, Mr Fantastic, and Invisible Woman) answer a distress call from a big ass space ship that's wandered into our solar system. When they get on board its full of fucking Aliens.


2) Sonic the hedgehog/Mega Man. As I said in an earlier post, I love what Archie has done over the years with it's Sonic the Hedgehog series. It's probably the best all ages book on the racks today. I only read the first trade paper back of the new Archie Mega Man series but it's pretty solid as well. It seems like doing a crossover is a no brainer. According to Archie they are waiting for approval from Sega and Capcom for this. If either company says no they are fucking stupid.


1) JSA/Invaders. Again this seems like a no brainer to me. Imagine if Hitler from DC opens up a dimensional portal to Marvel and combines forces with that Hitler and the JSA and Invaders must team up to stop him. That would be fucking awesome. Sadly due to the shitty state DC and it's characters are in right now this seems even less likely then my Ghost Rider vs Pinhead idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment