Tuesday, August 14, 2012

First impressions of Ghostbusters:The Video Game.


Yeah I know, this game is like 3 years old. That's like a decade to gamers. What can I say I don't get that many games and I just got around to this one. There isn't much I can say that hasn't been said. This game is written by Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis and features voice work by the movie's cast. So far this is every bit as fun and humorous as the movies. I haven't gotten very far in it, I just got it yesterday but so far it is every bit as fun and humorous as the movies. The enemies are well designed, even creepy. In your PKE meter you can access Tobin's Spirit Guide and get an interesting back story on some of the ghosts you capture. And like I said, plenty of funny moments.

My main complaint is that you play as a 5th Ghostbuster, a new recruit. The character is unnamed. If they are going to go with an unnamed character to play as why not let you design them like in the Saint's Row games? Granted your going to be in the Ghostbuster's jumbsuit the whole time but still letting you pick sex, race, facial features, and hairstyle would be nice. I mean if your going to give a set up character why not name him? I don't even think you get a voice actor for your guy.

Still that's my only real complaint so far. This game was very well reviewed when it came out and so far I can say it totally deserved it.



No comments:

Post a Comment