Friday, August 24, 2012

Villain spotlight: Wood Man



Mega Man villain Dr Wily might have had one of the worst plans for world domination ever. Build several crazy theme robots and place them in unfurnished rooms in some of the most inhospitable places on Earth. Then wait for the U.N. to contact you with it's surrender. If it doesn't work the first time keep trying.

But we're not here to talk about Dr. Wily, his moronic plan, or his questionable doctorate from University of Phoenix. We're here to take a look at my favorite of Dr. Wily's creations, the robot known as Wood Man.

Wood Man is just that, a robot with a body made of wood. His main weapon is his Leaf Shield which according to his Wiki page is made of "leaf-shaped electromagnetic pieces of metal, sharpened around the edges"



I can't lie here I fucking love Wood Man. In Mega Man 2 he was the boss and level I found easiest to beat so I played that one first whenever I started a new game. Seeing him brings back lots of very happy childhood memories. I know he's completely fucking ridiculous, but in a way isn't this the sort of thing a guy like Dr. Wily would try to build? I mean the guy is a genius, he designs and builds a shit ton of robots, but like many geniuses he's also fucking retarded when it comes to more practical matters like say, coming up with a decent plan for your villainous schemes. So a robot made of wood is just the sort of thing a dangerously insane individual like Wily would do.

In the current Archie comic book series Wood Man appeared in issue 9. I don't know how much of a part he might play in the upcoming Sonic the hedgehog/Mega Man crossover, but I for one hope it's a big part.

No comments:

Post a Comment