Thursday, September 13, 2012

First impressions of Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee video game.

 
I've always had a soft spot for Godzilla, which is odd because I don't really like most Godzilla movies. A lot of them are just plain weird and some of them I have no fucking idea what's going on. The only one I own is the original. But I still watched a lot of them as a kid. Even in the most terrible movie you gotta admit Godzilla is fucking cool. Pretty much all of Toho's monsters are cool.
 
So when I saw this for $5.99 I figured it was worth getting. I mean hell I wasted $2.99 on Deathstroke #12, so surely a Godzilla fighting game merits six little Ben Bernanke fun bucks. So I played it a little bit today, and it's pretty decent. The graphics aren't bad for a Gamecube game from 2002, and the controls are easy enough to get the hang of. Unfortunately being a fighting game half of the characters, cities, and modes need unlocked, so I've only played as 90's Godzilla and Angurus so far. I can't wait to get Mechagodzilla.
 
For $6 I'd say this has already been worth every penny. They really ought to do another one of these. 

1 comment:

  1. So far there's three of these games, I think the second one, "Save the Earth", let's you play Mechagodzilla 2 and 3. The third game, "Unleashed", let's you play all 3 Mechagodzillas. Both of those games are on PS2.

    ReplyDelete