Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Review of the Week: Deadpool #1 (2012)


I don't know why everyone keeps calling this Marvel Now bunch of books a reboot. As far as I can tell nothing has been changed this is just new number ones with a different status quo. Anyways Deadpool is starting over with a new number 1 and it's written by long time comic book fan, extremely funny comedian, and goofy looking mother fucker Brian Posehn.

I'm a big fan of Posehn and he didn't disappoint me here. This book is just the right mix of humor and action. The story is that a misguided SHIELD agent has cast a necromancer spell to bring back all the dead U.S. Presidents to try and fix America's problems. It goes wrong and all the undead Presidents are pretty much on a rampage. SHIELD doesn't want to have Avengers or SHIELD agents fighting former Presidents due to the public relations nightmare so they bring in someone with whom bad p.r. is a moot point, Deadpool.

This was a great issue. I was really growing tired of Daniel Way's run, it felt to me like he ran out of ideas on Deadpool a couple years ago and this is just the shot in the arm this character needed. Of the handful of Marvel Now number ones I've read so far this is the best. You should definitely check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment