Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Now they come for your football.

To paraphrase a famous poem, they came for the 1%, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't the 1%. Then they came for the guns, and I didn't speak up because I didn't own a gun. Then they came to ruin football, and there was no one left to speak up.

This Sunday is the Super Bowel. I personally don't give one rosy shit about football. It bores me to tears. But I have noticed in the last few years among the nanny staters more and more whining about how dangerous football is and how it makes their pussies hurt. Personally, if someone is making millions of dollars to play a game, I have a hard time feeling bad for them because they might bump their heads. For the amount of money they make they're lucky the ball doesn't have spikes coming out of it. That I might actually find entertaining. Catch it now, you overpaid ape.

But anyways while I don't enjoy football many people obviously do, and if there's one thing a nanny stater can't stand it's people having a good time. So over the last few years liberals have been getting louder and louder with their disapproval for America's favorite game. And now the Nanny Stater in Chief has voices his disapproval.

 “I’m a big football fan, but I have to tell you, if I had a son, I’d have to think long and hard before I let him play football,” President Barack Obama told The New Republic for its Feb. 11 edition. "And I think that those of us who love the sport are going to have to wrestle with the fact that it will probably change gradually to try to reduce some of the violence,” Obama said. “In some cases, that may make it a little bit less exciting, but it will be a whole lot better for the players, and those of us who are fans maybe won’t have to examine our consciences quite as much.”

OK, first of all I won't be lectured on how I need to "examine my conscience" by a man who's drones kill kids halfway around the world pretty much everyday. Must be hard to keep cleaning all that blood off your Peace Prize Barry. Second of all nobody is forced to become a football player. These people know the risk and have decided, as many people would, that the shit ton of money to be made in the NFL out weighs those risks.

And lastly, and this is the point you must always remember, there is NOTHING that big government nanny staters won't try to ruin. These Nanny State assholes, both on the right and the left, would run every damn part of your life if you let them. Everything from what you do with your dick to how much if any soda you can drink. It is high past time we told these do gooder busy body douche bags to mind their own business.


1 comment:

  1. Got that right! Someone needs to stand up and tell the government how to run the place not destroy it.

    ReplyDelete