Monday, February 11, 2013

Sonic/Mega Man crossover 16-bit variant covers

I know, I know, I've been talking about this over and over and over again on here. And I know some of you don't give a shit. But I'm sure some of you, like me, are super amped for this awesomeness. I really don't feel like the comic sites like Newsarama or CBR are giving this the coverage is deserves, I tend to have to really search for my news on this. Anyways I caught a reveal of some of the 16-bit variant covers over at IGN and thought I'd share them here.

I'm not a big fan of variant covers in general, simply because of how over used they are. If it were up to me they would be saved just for second printings or convention exclusives. As for these specific variants, while the idea of a variant cover for this done in a 16-bit style is really cool, the execution kinda sucks. These covers seem like jumbled images thrown together in an almost collage manner. It feels more like fan art than a real variant. But hey, if my biggest complaint turns out to be some poorly executed gimmicky variant covers I'll be one happy nerd. Until then I will continue to pass along any news on this as I find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment