Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hero Spotlight: Storm.

Ororo Munroe is a mutant with the ability to mentally control the weather. She has been a long time member of the X-men, a temporary replacement member of the Fantastic Four, briefly an Avenger, and was married to the long time Avenger and king of the African nation of Wakanda, the Black Panther. But this isn't about giving a bio on Storm, because honestly I doubt you're reading this blog, let alone this post, if you don't know who Storm is. This post is about me asking a simple question, why the hell do people like Storm?

I mean, I assume she's popular, she's all over the place and has been for decades. Most comic fans would be hard pressed to imagine the X-men without her. But why? She is one of the most boring characters I've ever seen. Nothing about her personality makes any impression. Hell, I'm hard pressed to really even give you personality traits.

Is it her look? Does she have a memorable character design? Lots of characters make an impression for no better reason than that, take the Female Symbiote/Scream for example. But what even is her classic design? Is it the black costume shown above, or her white costume?
Because like most 90's kids, when I think of Storm that's what comes to mind because of the 90's X-men toon. But she didn't have that costume for all that long and had one variation or another of her black costume for most of her existence.

So if you love Storm, I invite you to please explain it to me, because I really am not seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment