Monday, May 6, 2013

What's on the radio: Beautiful by Mariah Carey and Miguel

I've always been a big fan of Mariah. Damn that woman can sing. So I was happy to hear she was returning to the recording studio after not putting anything out for a while. This morning on the Elvis Duran show was the world premier of her new song featuring Miguel and all I can say is.....ehhh.

It's not a bad song by any stretch, but it's certainly not great and in my opinion not even really memorable. I listened to it like 4 times this morning (they were playing it every hour on the hour) and I still had to look it up online and give it another listen before writing this. It has WAY too much Miguel in it. You know Miguel right? Of "Who the fuck is Miguel?" fame. Honestly I had never heard of this guy and even checking his Wikipedia didn't ring any bells for me. He's not bad but he's no Mariah. And he is all over this song, to the point where it's almost Miguel featuring Mariah Carey rather than the other way around.

I expect better from Mariah, to wait so long for her to put something out and get this is just disappointing. This song feels kind of boring and forgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment