Thursday, May 2, 2013

Yeah, that's not creepy at all.

Did everyone enjoy Loyalty Day yesterday? I didn't even know this existed until this year. It's been around for a while, since like the 50's, but as our nation descends further and further into authoritarianism I personally find myself more and more creeped out by things like this. Our fearless leader had this to say.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2013, as Loyalty Day. This Loyalty Day, I call upon all the people of the United States to join in support of this national observance, whether by displaying the flag of the United States or pledging allegiance to the Republic for which it stands.

As for me, my political loyalty does not lie in a person, a party, or even ultimately a nation. My loyalty is with the ideal of human freedom and individual liberty. Therefor my loyalty to this country extends only so far as it is loyal to that ideal. And that is less and less each year. So I think I'd rather fly this flag than the one Barry meant.


No comments:

Post a Comment