Sunday, June 30, 2013

Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke featuring T.I. and Pharrell

I love this song. It's so much damn fun. I had never heard of Robin Thicke before this song but apparently he has been around for a little while and is also oddly enough the son of Growing Pains star Alan Thicke.

The song has a bit of an early 90's feel to it with it's sound and rhymes. The video is decent enough but seems like an add for some sort of high end liquor to me but the female dancers in it are sexy without being too trashy so that's nice. Overall the video takes a very minimalist approach which helps give it a bit of class. One of my favorite parts of the lyrics is  
You wanna hug me
Hey, hey, hey
What rhymes with hug me?

Like I said it feels like an early 90's R&B song with it's upbeat sound and overall sense of fun and sexiness. This is probably my favorite song to come out in the last few months and is already easily in the top 5 for the year. You should definitely check both the song and the video out if you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment