Sunday, June 2, 2013

What's on the radio: I Need Your Love by Calvin Harris and Ellie Goulding

I really like Ellie Goulding, she has a very unique and beautiful voice, but her two big hits so far, Lights and Anything Could Happen have lyrics that are little more than rambling nonsense. So this song is a welcome change of pace from the insanity of her other lyrical content.

Calvin Harris produces the dance beat on this track and for some reason gets top billing over Goulding. This is a rather recent thing of the producers getting top billing and I find it a little irritating. Harris' beats are pretty solid, certainly better than the generic ones of David Guetta, but it is still Goulding's vocals that make this song.

This is so far my favorite Ellie Goulding song to hit the charts and I hope we get more like this from her and less like Lights. Because it would be a shame to waste such a wonderful voice on incoherent madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment