Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bechtloff Movie Night: Movie 43

When I first saw the trailers for this movie I thought it looked pretty good, then it came out and turned out to be one of the most universally hated movies I've seen in a while. People didn't just dislike this movie, they despised it. Well when I saw it OnDemand I had to check it out.

Well, the story, in so much as there is one, is that a crazy, most likely homeless, guy has gotten onto a movie set by sucking off the guard and is pitching a movie to an exec. As he's explaining his various pitches we cut to the various sketches. And it's really not that bad. I know, what a ringing endorsement huh, "not that bad." It's exactly what I would expect from a sketch movie, hit or miss. Granted there are more misses than hits, but a few parts got some real laughs out of me.

I really don't get the hatred here, this is by no means the worse movie I've ever seen, hell, it's not even the worst movie of 2013, I think that honor might be reserved for Will Smith's latest attempt to force his talentless son down our throats. It's by no means a good movie, but it doesn't really deserve all the shit it's gotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment