Saturday, July 6, 2013

Really Todd?

So I recently started watching the Todd in the Shadows pop music review show on thatguywiththeglasses.com. I don't always agree with his opinions on various songs, but find the perspective interesting enough and the show pretty damn funny. So I thought, why not check out his twitter feed. I went to click follow and I got this message "You have been blocked from following this account at the request of the user.".

At first I thought it was a mistake. I had never tweeted at Todd, and aside from a few "Nice video" type comments I had not communicated at all with this man. Why the hell am I blocked? Then I remembered I had been blocked by Nostalgia Chick AKA Lindsay Ellis about a year ago for daring to question her opinion on Obamacare. As I understand it Todd and Lindsay are apparently an item so I guess that's why.

Now when Lindsay blocked me I said on this blog that I wasn't mad, I was just disappointed. Now I'm not even disappointed, I'm more curious. Is this a standard procedure on Mr Ellis' part, to block whoever his girl blocks, or was I a particular exception? Does she tell him to do it? How the hell does that conversation go? "Honey I want you to block these people I blocked, just on the off chance, say a year down the road, they want to follow you." or maybe it made her so mad that she called him crying that I was mean to her on twitter, and he said "I'll show him!" or was it more her saying "I better not catch you talking to that asshole!". I mean good Lord man, I've never been as whipped by a woman as that and I have literally been whipped by a woman.

Interestingly enough I can still follow her two sidekicks Nella and Maven (I checked), not that I want to (I promptly Unfollowed).

No comments:

Post a Comment