Saturday, July 6, 2013

What's on the Radio: Cups (When I'm Gone) by Anna Kendrick

This is an interesting little song currently making the rounds on the radio. It's odd for a number of reasons, first of all Anna Kendrick is primarily an actress not a singer. This song is from the movie Pitch Perfect which I didn't see because I thought it looked like a piece of crap. Also it's very short, clocking in at just over two minutes.

I feel like I shouldn't like this song. It's from a movie I thought looked terrible and lyrically it's pretty thin and vapid, even by pop music standards, but Anna's singing voice is just so damn sweet and adorable. Also the use of cups as a musical instrument (hence the title) makes for a really cool and unique sound.

So despite the fact that on paper I shouldn't like this song as all, I can't help but find myself loving this song and even singing along. Maybe I should actually check out that movie, although I don't think I should get my hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment