Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Review of the Week: New Warriors #1

So New Warriors is back, which is good because it means I still get to read about Scarlet Spider since his book was canceled. What's the story here? Well it seems the High Evolutionary is out killing different non humans as some sort of purge, and we cut to our various heroes, still in various locations dealing with it. That's about it, this issue serves mostly to introduce the characters to the readers who may not be familiar with all of them.

This was a good read. And given that Jonathan Hickman's run on the various Avenger's book is crawling three feet up its own ass, this book fills a void for just a good old fashion fun super hero team book. As I said, I'm thrilled Scarlet Spider has a new home and hasn't just vanished into comic book limbo after his cancellation. And the art and writing were both thoroughly enjoyable. My only two complaints were I wish Firestar was in this, I always thought her and Justice made a great couple, and try as I might I just can't muster up a damn to give about the High Evolutionary. But a book like this isn't about the villain, it's about this group of heroes being brought together and how they work out their differences to gel as a team, and so far it looks like it's going to do that wonderfully. So check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment