Monday, April 14, 2014

The Manoshere is dead, long live the manoshpere.

For about a year or two when I was a kid, Pogs were all the rage. I remember I finally decided maybe I should get some and start playing and it seems like soon as I decided to get on board the Pog train everyone got off at the next stop. Pogs were no longer cool and I was stuck with pieces to a game no one wanted to play anymore. History may be repeating on me. You see, last year I decided this blog was part of the Manoshpere. Well, not so much decided as was accused of it by some people who were none too happy with my rather politically incorrect views. But after being accused of it I looked into the Manoshpere more and discovered guys like Aaron Clarey and Aurini and decided if I was going to throw my lot in with anybody, I could certainly do a lot worse than guys like that. So here I was, the nerdiest blog in the Manosphere, and then Matt Forney went and declared the Manoshpere dead on me. Son of a bitch this is the Pogs all over again. I just can't catch a break.

Matt's article was about some of the frauds in the Manoshpere, pretending to be something they're not, specifically some guy called Danny from 504. I gotta be honest, I had only barely heard of this guy, but apparently Matt seems to think he's a cancer on the Manoshpere that has metastasized. I don't know, maybe he's right. A quick look at Danny's blog doesn't impress me much, as it seems like just another guy talking about how many chicks he's fucked. The Manoshpere could certainly use a little less of that, that's for sure. I don't know if Danny is indeed the fraud Matt makes him out to be, as I said I don't know much about him, but there certainly are some frauds running around in the Manoshpere.

But I don't think the Manoshpere's best days are behind it, at least not quite. Certainly with it's recent surge in popularity there have been problems. Parts of it are becoming an echo chamber, parts just a flat out circle jerk. And as with any male space you have attention whoring females coming in. Not to slam on every female red pill writer, but some of these "Red Pill Women" are clearly just shilling for attention. But that just tends to happen to male spaces, as I said before geek culture is also suffering from an influx of ill behaved females, the only solution is to hold them as accountable as you would hold the men in your ranks, although that's easier said than done for some of the white knighters out there.

I think reports of the Manoshpere's death are greatly exagerated, but it does need a bit of house cleaning. I said that I had barely heard of Danny, and that's because I don't read that type of Manoshpere blog. I read red pill blogs that are about something, not just blogs that are about the red pill. The red pill isn't something you write about, it's a perspective you write from. Aurini writes about metaphysics and philosophy and theology from a red pill perspective, Aaron Clarey writes about economics from that perspective, I write about mostly nerd culture from that perspective, Dalrock writes about Evangelical culture from that perspective.

I know there are a lot of frauds in the Manoshpere, but I don't think those bad apples really spoil the whole bunch. There are still so many brilliant and stand up men in it. I know I'm not going to bullshit you. I'm not here to lie to you about how awesome I am. I'm just a guy trying to better myself who loves nerdy stuff. And besides the Manoshpere being the very lose confederation that it is, it isn't killed that easily. It's hard to kill an idea after all, especially a good idea. Maybe we'll just have to start calling it something else.

Well, in any case I'll be here, blogging and podcasting, telling you the truth as best I know it, and talking about movies, comics, and video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment