Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Review of the Week: Edge of Spider-verse #3

This issue introduces us to Dr. Aaron Aikman, a brilliant chemist and medical doctor who used his genius to give himself an experimental treatment to give himself spider powers. We get some back story on him followed by a look at some of his villains, and just as he is about to save the city from certain doom, Morlun shows up to eat him. I don't want to share more about the story because you really should check it out for yourself. One of the things I loved about this was seeing Aaron's world and backstory unfold. They even showed us some of his villains by having panels done in the style of old 90's Marvel trading cards, which was an entertaining way to give us quick back story.

Frankly my only two real complains are they never really say why he gave himself that treatment, I assume he was trying to cure something but unless I missed it they didn't say. And having Morlun show up at the end and seal Aaron's doom was a huge downer. I got rather invested in him, and it's a waste to kill him off so soon. Perhaps he gets saved by some alternate reality Spider-men and we just didn't see that, it does end right as Morlun shows up after all. I for one really hope to see more of Aaron Aikman, the Spider-man. I give this issue 4 webs out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment